Join the GMED team today and work on the frontier of Medical Device Innovation!
Location(s): North Bethesda, MD
Contract Type: Perm Full-Time
Fields: Medical Device, In Vitro Diagnostics – Healthcare
Interested in working with an expanding Finance department in the Medical Device Industry to gain experience and advance in your career with GMED North America? If Yes, we would love to hear from you.
The Accountant is responsible for assisting the finance department in creating accurate and timely financial records for the organization, to direct, monitor and investigate the flow of money through the organization.
His/ her mission is to ensure and maintain accurate financial statements and reports according to French GAAP. He/ she is responsible for all day-to-day transactional accounting for the business, which includes the tracking of all transactions and the management of any government reporting.
• Analyzes all activities related to invoice preparation and AR/AP processing and follow-up; tracks down accounting records, including financial statements and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness and conformance to French GAAP standards;
• Ensures Financial accounts follow up, updates and monitors treasury levels in a regular basis by screening late payments far in advance and by covering collection control;
• Interacts with vendors and manages their payments; works collaboratively with our parent company’s financial department to track down payments and to make sure all invoices for rendered services according to Purchase Orders (COMs) are routed to the correct contact;
• Reviews records of accounts to ensure accuracy;
• Develops purchase process management and systems for the maintenance of financial records, making use of current technologies. Double checks expenses accordingly to our travel guide and tax regulations;
• Works with the external accounting firm on appropriate fiscal strategies for the organization; Manages and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings;
• Develops and documents business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls;
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as required or requested or delegated.
Who You Are
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent number of years of experience plus three years of accounting experience.
• Financial Management.
• Collaboration Skills.
• Ethical Conduct.
Who We Are
GMED North America is the US subsidiary of GMED, a leading Certification Organization, and a distinguished Notified Body (CE0459) based in France. Our goal is to provide the best in Product Certification and Quality Management Services for Medical Device Manufacturers worldwide. At GMED North America, we strive to the highest standards of professionalism, competency, work ethic, and customer service. All our employees are an important part of this process because their work directly influences GMED North America’s reputation.
Aside from our expertise and due diligence, we pride ourselves in our diverse work forces, with employees from different parts of the World.
Commitment to Clients and Patients’ safety
What We Offer
We offer an excellent benefits package including a group-sponsored health, dental and vision coverage, short-term and long-term disability, a company-matched 401k plan, a company paid life insurance, paid holidays and time off program providing our employees with great work-life balance. We offer growth opportunities within the organization. We offer many opportunities and employees are able to apply and move into different roles within the company. We have numerous success stories, and we want you to be one of them.
GMED North America is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse, inclusive, and healthy work environment with a unique culture.
You are strongly encouraged to submit a copy your transcripts together with your resume and your cover letter.
Must be able to work without a need for Visa sponsorship. We look forward to hearing from you!
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org