Join the LNE/G-MED team today
and work on the frontier of Medical Device Innovation!
Location(s): North Bethesda, USA
Contract Type: Perm Full-Time
Fields: Medical Device, In Vitro Diagnostics – Healthcare
About G-MED North America, Inc
G-MED NA is the North American subsidiary of the National Metrology and Testing Laboratory, LNE, a leading Certification Body established in 1901. We serve the Medical Device Industry with offices in Europe and the United States. Our goal: Provide the best in Product Certification and Quality Management Services for Medical Device Manufacturers worldwide.
In addition to our CE marking, ISO 9001:2015 , ISO 13485:2016 and MDSAP certification services, LNE/G-MED is accredited by the Standards Council of Canada SCC under the Canadian Medical Devices Conformity Assessment System CMDCAS and is an Authorized Organization for the Medical Device Single Audit Program MDSAP. Our full range of technical conformity services, from Diagnostic audits to Training services, allows the convenience and efficiency of a local based team of Technical Experts, Assessors, Auditors and Certification Program Managers.
LNE/G-MED North America is an Equal Employment Opportunity. For the US, we offer excellent benefits package including a group-sponsored health, dental and vision coverage, short-term and long-term disability, a company-matched 401k plan, a company paid life insurance, paid holidays and time off.
About the Assistant Director of Finance position:
The company is looking for an experienced Assistant Director of Finance to join its Bethesda’s office in Maryland. Working under the supervision of the Financial & HR Department Director, the Assistant Director of Finance will undertake all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures.
Role and responsibilities:
The permanent responsibilities of the Office Services Assistant include, but are not limited to the
- Financial Accounting and Reporting:
Ensure and maintain accurate financial statements and reports (French GAAP)
Responsible for all the day-to-day transactional accounting for the business. This includes the tracking of all transactions and the management of any government reporting. This includes but is not limited to :
- All activities related to invoice preparation and AR/AP processing and follow-up;
- Financial accounts follow up and update (late payment collection control);
- Interaction with and payments to vendors, and our parent company;
- Purchase process management
- Responsible for preparing the annual, quarterly, and monthly financial statements.
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Budget preparation
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
- Provide a financial analytical perspective on Dept. and project (ROI)
- Manage payroll preparation/administration in coordination with the Human Resources Associate.
- Ensure projects profitability by analyzing data and give recommendation to management.
- Monitor production data with financial perspective providing ROI outputs.
- Organize/monitor the assets management.
About the candidate’s profile
- Effective organization and time managements skills
- Strong attention to detail is essential
- Team player
- Advanced degree in Accounting
- 5+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
- Experienced in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Fluency in French is essential
- Authorized to work in the US