Join the GMED team today
and work on the frontier of Medical Device Innovation!
Location(s): North Bethesda, USA
Contract Type: Perm Full-Time
Fields: Medical Device, In Vitro Diagnostics – Healthcare
About GMED North America, Inc
GMED North America is the US subsidiary of GMED, a leading Certification Organization, a distinguished Notified Body (CE0459) whose scope covers all of the existing European Medical Device Directives (90/385/EEC, 93/42/EEC and 98/79/EC) and an Auditing Organization Recognized by the MDSAP Regulatory Authority Council. We serve the Medical Device Industry with offices in Europe and the United States. Our goal is to provide the best in Product Certification and Quality Management Services for Medical Device Manufacturers worldwide. At GMED North America, we strive to the highest standards of professionalism, competency, work ethic, and customer service. All our employees are an important part of this process because their work directly influences GMED North America’s reputation. GMED North America is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We offer excellent benefits package including a group-sponsored health, dental and vision coverage, short-term and long-term disability, a company-matched 401k plan, a company paid life insurance, paid holidays and time off program providing our employees with great work-life balance. We have currently an opportunity for a Business Development associate position. This position will report directly to the Business Development and Marketing Director.
The business development associate will create and build client relationships while sponsoring
interaction to obtain projects and transforming proposals into contracts to sustain the company
substantial growth. This role assists in developing and facilitating the proposal process for qualified prospects, and in including budget and pricing development, proposal writing, contract negotiations and client presentations.
1. Assists in formulating proposals in conjunction with the Certification, Operations and Finance Departments.
2. Monitors and anticipates medical devices industry trends; conducts competitors’ analysis and crafts business plans.
3. Promotes GMED NA’s expertise and certification services through the array of available products allowed under the current regulations.
4. Develops and maintains a strong pipeline of opportunities and strong prospects in the field targeted by the marketing strategy.
5. Works with Marketing team to ensure the strategy answers the market trends and prospects’ needs; Identifies opportunities to further brand awareness and to increase sales.
6. Assists in developing project plans, defining roles and responsibilities and the scope of work for each project with input from project leaders and functional groups.
7. Drafts the narrative that ties the project components together and package and assist in presenting the proposal to prospects with the support of operations and certification departments.
8. Communicates back to internal groups the outcome of the negotiations/proposals focusing on conveying the expectations set forth for each group, i.e. clear details, critical timeframes and expectations.
9. Ensures the data is accurately entered and managed within ERP and other sales management systems; tracks down record activities on prospects’ accounts to close deals.
10. Forecasts sales’ targets and makes sure goals are attained.
11. Establishes and maintain on-going client relationships with the various parties to anticipate and resolve potential problems.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
1. Bachelor’s degree in business, medical device regulations or other related discipline or associate’s degree and related experience.
2. At least 3-5 year of experience in industry business development and/or research and development arena. Must have experience supporting the development of at least six proposals to commercial and non-commercial sponsors or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience.
3. Experience in medical industry is a plus.
1. Collaboration and Teamwork Skills.
2. Organizational Skills and reliability.
3. Communication and writing skills Proficiency.
4. Technical Capacity in the sales field.
5. Initiative, creativity and independence of judgement.
6. Analytical skills.
7. Proficient in Microsoft office and management of software database.
You are strongly encouraged to submit a copy your transcripts together with your resume and your application letter
Must be able to work without a need for Visa sponsorship
Send your application to email@example.com