Join the GMED team today
and work on the frontier of Medical Device Innovation!
Location(s): North Bethesda, MD
Contract Type: Temporary/ Full-Time
Fields: Medical Device, In Vitro Diagnostics – Healthcare
About GMED North America
GMED North America is the US subsidiary of GMED, a leading Certification Organization, a distinguished Notified Body (CE0459) whose scope covers all of the existing European Medical Device Directives (90/385/EEC, 93/42/EEC and 98/79/EC) and an Auditing Organization Recognized by the MDSAP Regulatory Authority Council.
We serve the Medical Device Industry with offices in Europe and the United States. Our goal is to provide the best in Product Certification and Quality Management Services for Medical Device Manufacturers worldwide.
At GMED North America, we strive to the highest standards of professionalism, competency, work ethic, and customer service. All our employees are an important part of this process because their work directly influences GMED North America’s reputation. GMED North America is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
We offer excellent benefits package including a group-sponsored health, dental and vision coverage, short-term and long-term disability, a company-matched 401k plan, a company paid life insurance, paid holidays and time off program providing our employees with great work-life balance.
We have currently an opportunity for an IT Specialist position.
This position will report directly to the HR and Finance Director.
The IT specialist position installs, modifies and makes minor repairs to personal computer hardware and software systems, and provides technical advice and support to system users.
1. Identifies and procures the hardware and software needed to satisfy user requirements.
2. Installs hardware and peripheral components such as monitors, keyboards, printers and disk drives on users’ premises.
3. Loads appropriate software packages such as operating systems, networking components and office applications.
4. Assists in the customization and adaptation of existing programs to meet users’ requirements.
5. Provides telephone, in-person and online support to end-users.
6. Coordinates activities with network services and information systems groups.
7. Provides updates, status and completion information to manager and/or users, via voice mail, e-mail or in-person communication.
8. Refers major hardware problems to service personnel for correction.
9. Connects users to networks and provides initial training in facilities and applications.
10. Administers e-mail and anti-virus systems.
11. Rotates daily back-up media.
12. Assists in research and procurement of computer accessories and supplies.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
14. Administrates and organizes the company servers.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
1. Associate degree in technical field
2. Two years of relevant experience
1. Technical capacity.
3. Time Management.
4. Communication proficiency.
You are strongly encouraged to submit a copy your transcripts together with your resume and your application letter
Must be able to work without a need for Visa sponsorship
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org