Join the GMED team today and work on the frontier of Medical Device Innovation!
Location(s): North Bethesda, MD
Contract Type: Perm Full-Time
Fields: Medical Device, In Vitro Diagnostics – Healthcare
Interested in working with a team of technical experts in the Medical Device Industry to gain experience and advance in your career with GMED North America? If Yes, we would love to hear from you.
The company is looking for a full-time Operations Coordinator to join its Bethesda’s office in Maryland. Working under the supervision of the Resources and Planning Unit Manager, the Operations Coordinator (B2B) will undertake many aspects of our evaluations’ preparation activities including but not limited to planning, proposal processing, service creation, inside sales, ensuring planned activities meet the objectives, analyze, prepare and convey timely documentation related to the services, and ensure communication and quality of service with clients. This position will report directly to the Services Processing Unit Manager.
• Plan Technical File Review services with technical teams (internal and external) and clients.
• Monitor, analysis and reporting of External and Internal Reviewers productivity. Ensuring capacity fulfillment, monitoring and reporting (external/internal)
• Controlling external Reviewers cost to meet the budget and profitability requirements.
• Forecast and project Operations activities from the financial and productivity points of view.
• Ensure planning of activities is in line with the budgeted costs and the availability/capacity of the workforce assigned.
• Ensure an up-to-date status of the clients’ certification electronic files for the services planned within the scope of planning and confirmation of services.
• Communicate any workflow related alerts, errors, and deadlines to the Unit Manager and/or certification project manager in a timely manner.
• Update of the Operations department databases (ERP, SIPAC, ...etc)
• Ensure preparedness of documentation related to the position for internal and accreditation audits.
• Control volume of services performed by each technical team member to satisfy the regulatory, quality and qualification requirements.
• Identify clients at risk, monitoring and analyzing satisfaction and reporting issues in a timely and constant manner to avoid client loss.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Who You Are
• Bachelor’s degree in related field
• Excellent English (writing, typing and speaking)
• Excellent command of Excel, word, PowerPoint and PDF
• 2 years’ experience in B2B client communication/sales of services
• Experience in planning and coordination of service
• Experience in procedures and quality settings
• Preferred experience in medical devices
• Preferred experience in auditing/certification organizations
• French Language (writing, typing and speaking).
• Process orientated to deliver business success
• Sensitivity to detail with excellence in accuracy
• Great communication skills
• Team work
Who We Are
GMED North America is the US subsidiary of GMED, a leading Certification Organization, and a distinguished Notified Body (CE0459) based in France. Our goal is to provide the best in Product Certification and Quality Management Services for Medical Device Manufacturers worldwide. At GMED North America, we strive to the highest standards of professionalism, competency, work ethic, and customer service. All our employees are an important part of this process because their work directly influences GMED North America’s reputation.
Aside from our expertise and due diligence, we pride ourselves in our diverse work forces, with employees from different parts of the World.
Commitment to Clients and Patients’ safety
What We Offer
We offer an excellent benefits package including a group-sponsored health, dental and vision coverage, short-term and long-term disability, a company-matched 401k plan, a company paid life insurance, paid holidays and time off program providing our employees with great work-life balance. We offer growth opportunities within the organization. We offer many opportunities and employees are able to apply and move into different roles within the company. We have numerous success stories, and we want you to be one of them.
GMED North America is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse, inclusive, and healthy work environment with a unique culture. You are strongly encouraged to submit a copy your transcripts together with your resume and your application letter. Must be able to work without a need for Visa sponsorship. We look forward to hearing from you!
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org