Join the GMED team today and work on the frontier of Medical Device Innovation!
Location(s): North Bethesda, MD or Remote from Home
Reports to: CEO
Staff reporting to this position: 2
Department: Business Development and Marketing
Position classification: Exempt, full time
Fields: Medical Device, In Vitro Diagnostics – Health and life sciences/Regulatory/innovation/technology
Reference Number: MD-GMED-100-20-06
GMED North America is the US subsidiary of GMED, a leading Certification Organization, a distinguished Notified Body (CE0459) in Europe, and an Auditing Organization Recognized by the MDSAP Regulatory Authority Council. We serve the Medical Device Industry all over the world, with offices in Europe and the United States.
Provide the best in Product Certification and Quality Management Services for Medical Device Manufacturers worldwide.
We currently have a position to fulfill our dynamic Business Development and Marketing Department. The position of Marketing and Sales Director will report directly to the CEO. The director will work in coordination with our Marketing and Communication Manager and Sales Manager in Paris.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Business development, new service development, brand introduction, and brand awareness
- Competitive analysis, Data analytics/approach
- Marketing plan, Product Strategy, and development
- In coordination with the Financial Department establish an annual and monthly Sales & Marketing budget; scheduling Department expenditures; organization of the department, review actual vs budgeted results and take corrective actions, etc
- In alignment with the other Departments, forecast and develop annual sales quotas per business field; project expected sales volume new services; analyzing trends and results
- Establish pricing guidelines and strategies based on market intelligence and branding strategy, monitoring competition, and demand
- Build a marketing and sales plan based on your proposed business strategy defined including promotional plans, events, sales targets, etc
- Implement, improve, and monitor KPIs, and report to CEO and Directors’ committee the outcomes and results of the Marketing and Sales plan
- Recruit, train, engage and evaluate the Sales & Marketing Department’s team
- Lead our company branding positioning by driving the digital marketing content development, capture of customers’ feedback and market intelligence analysis
- Ensure the Sales closing of your team in the business areas targeted
- Support sales executives to close sales when needed
- Organize, coordinate, promote and participate in conferences, prospects meetings, seminars, and other events for GMED NA
- Develop and maintain an external network allowing business growth
- Coordinate all Marketing and Sales efforts with France’ Headquarter business management team
- Support the definition, evolution, and maintenance of the Sales & Marketing Department digital tools (CRM, CMS, etc.)
- As the Director, be a leader actively representing and promoting company values with your team, company team members and with our external contacts
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Adequate Sales & Marketing experience within the Medical Device industry with a track record of success, including overachievement of quota.
- Proven success in achieving sales objectives in a variety of distribution structures and product segments.
- Understands various sales strategies to capitalize on opportunities and competitive threats.
- Solution-oriented leader, able to federate and convince.
- Strong analytical capability to understand deal profitability and problem-solving.
- Technical background and/or experience in the regulatory filed will be a plus.
Our Values & Culture
GMED North America, Inc. strives to the highest standards to offer professionalism, competency, work ethic, and impeccable customer service to its clients and future clients. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offer an excellent benefits package including:
- a group-sponsored health, dental and vision coverage,
- a short-term and long-term disability,
- a company-matched 401k plan,
- a company paid life insurance,
- paid holidays,
- a time-off program providing our employees with great work-life balance.
We look forward to meeting you!